prior to waxing service
Make sure your hair is long enough to remove completely from the roots – it should be at least 0.5 centimetres. If you’ve shaved the area within the last few weeks it might take a couple of waxes to get your hair into a cycle of growth that allows the most effective wax finish.
Post waxing service
It’s normal immediately after your wax for a little bit of redness and a mild rash to appear. This should disappear after a few hours and is normally due to a histamine reaction. Because waxing removes the hair at the root, it’s important that you keep the area clean and bacteria free. Follow these rules:
– No tanning of any kind for at least 12 hours
– No swimming in chlorinated pools, spa baths, or go in saunas for 24 hours
– Avoid applying any topical lotions for at least 12 hours, unless instructed by your esthetician
– Avoid over touching the waxed area to ensure it remains bacteria free
– Use a tea tree oil based product to apply to the area for it’s anti-bacterial qualities.